Thursday, April 7, 2011

First day in USA. [Califonia, Las Angeles]


The image I always had in mind for USA was this very barren and modernized city with a massive amount of factories and almost a concrete garden. To my pleasant surprise, it was a rather pretty place, there were plants that I've not seen before in Singapore that covers a variety of colors. There were many spots of flower and bushes plantation and lots and lots of tall tall palms! Nope, no tall tree, the rain tree we have in Singapore only survives in our climate!


After leaving our luggage in the newly checked in hotel room (Howard Johnson Hotel) , we went about exploring the nearby shops. I felt really, really sleepy, *yawns*. Since it was like around 10pm in Singapore. The difference in time was gnawing at my nerves...orz.


Not long after, something caught my eyes at the clearance shelve in the shoe section, it's this converse allstar shoe that looks a splendid, if we don't include the almost blackened sides and top..but oh well it costs only like 7USD. My god, that's a cut! I think I could do something about that after I reached back home... I've bought a dairy to write on and also a number of colored pens. The pens were cheap, and was meant for drawing, but I wrote with it...so I think I pretty much kill my dairy with my ugly scribblers and the 'not so nice' colored pen. Had lunch at the Pizza Hut, my gosh, their food is so much better than what we can find in Singapore. An almost 2x better and more value compared with the food we have in our local Pizza Hut outlet..


When we were looking for our way back home, we got lost in this place, it was pretty big and the streets were kinda of like confusing so...yeah..orz. We kept walking and walking and walking, until we realised that we were actually walking the perimeters of this area, ehh pretty huge place..


Oh oh! We found their 'NTUC' , it's called the 'Farmer's Market', most vegetables are organic and there are a whole lot variety of greens and fruits to choose from! Some I've not even seen before! We stocked up on bottled water, vegetables, muffins, bread, chips, icecreams and of course, our homemade dinner ingridients!




[Expected + unexpected finds]
The icecream brands like Ben's and Jerrys and Haagan Daz cost like so freaking cheap!! We bought like 2 massive tubs back home xD! For a price of 3.55USD for BnJ and 2.99 for Haagan Daz! Super neat rightttt! The salsa and other canned sauces we found there were all at a price of 99cents..LIKE SERIOUSLY! Can we even find this kind of price in Singapore...Singapore is just overpriced );


-Chewy

No comments: